27.3.12

Nail D.I.Y.

Hey guys!

I know it's been a while since my last post. I've been busy having fun after my medical school interviews and exams and also celebrated a birthday. So I'm back at it and thought I would get started with a fun DIY. Leopard nails! I used neutral colours, but I can't wait to add a bit of neon for spring!

Start with your usual polish prep routine. For me that means shaping, cleaning, cuticle removing, buffing and applying a base coat. Next choose a background colour, I chose Chinchilly by Essie, and apply two coats.



For the next step I used Sally Hansen Nail Art Pens in Gold and Black. You could also use a dotting tool and any regular nail polish. For a tutorial of how to make a simple dotting tool at home click here!


Apply the first colour in irregular circular/oval shapes on your nails. Try to consistent with the size as you go from nail to nail. 


 It always helps to have a cute puppy in your lap! 



 Next apply the second colour around the first, sometimes going all the way around, sometimes only 3/4, ect. 


 And here's the final result!


Ta-daa! Try it out and let me know how it goes! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment